The FortiGate-280D-POE series delivers high-speed security and performance for campus perimeter and branch office wired or wireless networks. Purpose-built processors provide up to 4 Gbps firewall throughput, enabling protection of your applications and network without affecting availability or performance.
The FortiGate-280D-POE series provides comprehensive threat protection with Fortinet’s unmatched range of enterprise-grade security technologies. They deliver firewall, VPN (IPSec and SSL), intrusion prevention, antivirus/antispyware, antispam, and web filtering technologies. These platforms also provides application control, data loss prevention, dynamic routing for IPv4 and IPv6, endpoint NAC, and SSL-encrypted traffic inspection. These comprehensive security components enable you to deploy required technologies most suited for your unique environment.
Powerful, Secure, Easy to Install
FortiASIC purpose-built processors ensure that your security countermeasures will not become a network bottleneck. The FortiASIC CP8 processor delivers deep inspection security components such as application control, IPS and anti-malware. The FortiASIC NP4Lite processor delivers firewall and VPN throughput at switching speeds by performing high-speed processing of network flows.
The FortiGate-280D-POE series installs in minutes, automatically downloading regular updates to protect against the latest viruses, network vulnerabilities, worms, spam and phishing attacks, and malicious websites with no administrator intervention. Leveraging patented FortiASIC acceleration, the FortiGate-280D-POE series offers marketleading performance, with high-density GbE interfaces that facilitate network growth and expansion. Onboard storage provide local archiving of data for policy compliance and/or web caching.
Performance and Protection for Mid-size Networks
- High port density delivers maximum flexibility and scalability
- Application control coupled with identity-based policy enforcement provides complete content protection
- Strong authentication options for policy compliance
- IPv6 certified platform
Key Features & Benefits:
- Consolidated Security Architecture – FortiGate consolidated security offers better protection and lower cost of ownership than stand-alone security products
- High Port Density – Up to 44 x GbE ports facilitate flexible deployment of network segments and promotes network expansion and high availability configurations
- Single Pane of Glass Management – Reduces complexity and decreases costs as all security functions can be managed through one console
- Power Over Ethernet Seamless integration of peripheral devices in a secure environment.
Features & Benefits:
Powered by FortiASICs
- Custom FortiASIC™ processors deliver the power you need to detect malicious content at multi-Gigabit speeds
- Other security technologies cannot protect against today’s wide range of content- and connection-based threats because they rely on generalpurpose CPUs, causing a dangerous performance gap
- FortiASIC processors provide the performance needed to block emerging threats, meet rigorous thirdparty certifications, and ensure that your network security solution does not become a network bottleneck
The FortiASIC CP8 content processor works outside of the direct flow of traffic, providing high-speed cryptography and content inspection services including:
- Signature-based content inspection acceleration
- Encryption and decryption offloading
The FortiASIC NP4Lite network processor works inline with firewall and VPN functions delivering:
- Wire-speed firewall performance for any size packets
- VPN acceleration
- Anomaly-based intrusion prevention, checksum offload and packet defragmentation
- Traffic shaping and priority queuing
Install in Minutes with FortiExplorer
The FortiExplorer™ wizard enables you to easily and quickly set up and configure FortiGate platforms with easy-to-follow instructions. The application runs on Windows, Mac OS X desktops and laptops as well as popular mobile devices. Simply connect to the appropriate USB port on the appliance, and be fully protected in minutes.
Complete and Real-time Security
Fortinet designed FortiOS to deliver the advanced protection and performance that standalone products simply cannot match. The integrated technologies work together as a system to provide better visibility and mitigation of the latest network and application threats, stopping attacks before damage can occur. FortiGuard Subscription Services provide automated, real-time, up-to-date protection against security threats.
The FortiGate family of physical and virtual appliances has earned more certifications than any other vendor by consistently meeting rigorous third-party standards. Our industry-leading technology provides you with air-tight security.
Unique Visibility and Control
FortiOS gives you greater visibility and more consistent, granular control over users, devices, applications and data. Dashboard widgets allow administrators to quickly view and understand real-time network activities and threat situations while reputation-based analysis quickly identifies potentially compromised systems.
Ease of Use
FortiOS lowers costs and reduces IT staff workloads. Physical or virtual FortiGate appliances give you the flexibility to match your security to your environment while enforcing a uniform security policy. Single pane of glass management and centralized analysis ensure consistent policy creation and enforcement while minimizing deployment and configuration challenges.
Switch & Wireless Controller
Securing BYOD environment with integrated switch & wireless controller capabilities that simplifies network deployments at branch offices while lowering TCO and enhancing security with protection at the edge.
World-Class Technical Support and Documentation
Fortinet FortiCare support offerings provide comprehensive global support for all Fortinet products and services. You can rest assured your Fortinet security products are performing optimally and protecting your users, applications, and data around the clock.
FortiOS — The World’s Most Advanced Security Operating System
- Client reputation measurements to identify compromised systems in real-time
- On-device behavior-based heuristic engine for protection against advanced threats
- Cloud-based threat protection with operating system sandbox
- Mobile device identification that lets you apply specific access policies to smartphones and tablets
- Next Generation Firewall functions, including Application Control and IPS
- Data Loss Prevention to protect critical information
- Web filtering to prevent access to malicious or inappropriate web sites
- Web-based GUI, ‘single pane of glass’ management console and on-board reporting for unmatched visibility and control