FortiPortal is an advanced, feature-rich hosted security analytics and management enabler for FortiGate®, FortiWiFi® and FortiAP® product lines, available for MSPs as a VM software solution/product which can be deployed on a hosted services infrastructure. This allows MSPs to build highly customized private cloud services for their customers.
Enable private hosting for better control and profits
Specifically designed to meet the managed services needs of MSPs, FortiPortal provides a comprehensive set of WiFi and security management features within a multitenant, multi-tier management framework. This enables MSPs to view and manage all of their customer networks from one single pane of glass. It also provides turnkey, easy-to-deploy customer portals for self-service without having to worry about complex development or maintenance costs.
FortiPortal offers the power, efficiency, and features of a public cloud, with the security, control, and performance of a dedicated environment.
Security and Wireless Service Enabler for MSPs
- Provides MSPs the facility to build privately-hosted cloud services that improve control and enhance profitability.
- Out-of-the-box integration with Fortinet products — FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiGate and FortiAP provides turnkey service enablement.
- MSPs currently leveraging Fortinet products can utilize their existing equipment and investments to scale out a hosted FortiPortal environment.
Features & Benefits:
|Virtualized private cloud solution gives MSPs flexibility and full control
||White label and customize the wireless and security management environment to individual customer needs thereby introducing premium revenue streams.
|Quick route to market for value-added services
||Hierarchical add-on to FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer to provide rapid roll-out of customer portal services.
|Adds wireless + security dashboards and management capabilities
||MSPs can manage FortiAPs, FortiGates and FortiWiFis from a single pane of glass. Enterprise customers can autonomously visualize their network health and manage their own policies
||MSPs can manage multiple customers, sites, devices and virtual domains all from one dashboard.
|Cloud elasticity, scaling and ease of deployment
||Scalable and elastic deployment model, all virtualized, just add additional Collectors and Data Stores to increase capacity.
||Scale to hundreds of devices as customer network needs grow.
|Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) capabilities
||Ability for MSPs to set up identity-based security policies and application management on Content Filtering, Application Traffic Control, Antivirus and Intrusion Prevention.
|Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
||MSPs can assign administrators to securely manage their assigned tenants. In addition, RBAC provides ability to set customers up with read-only access to reports, troubleshooting and other tools or full access to configuration changes on the network.
Integration with Fortinet Products
FortiPortal consists of two major components — a collector engine that processes network events (typically from FortiAnalyzer) for reporting and a portal engine that facilitates customer device configuration (which interacts with FortiManager). The FortiPortal VM acts as a backend interface to both FortiAnalyzer and FortiManager where it maintains aggregated logs and customer configuration information. Customers can manage their own devices through a self-service portal and the service provider can access a multi-tenant interface which shows a variety of administrative functions. FortiPortal gives the service provider multi-site visibility and control, automated alerts and user analytics that make deploying, securing, and centrally managing branch and distributed networks very easy and intuitive.
- Rich, multi-tenant interface for visibility into the customer network
- Customized dashboard widgets for displaying various Key performance indicators (KPIs) related to NGFW security and wireless devices
- White label GUI portal customization services to match enterprise customer needs/views
- Enterprise customer self configuration — policies, firewall objects, web and email filter profiles
- Visualization widgets for network, wireless and threat status viewing
- Session drill-down functionality for troubleshooting
- Managing and viewing scheduled or on-demand reports
- AP monitoring by different levels of grouping