FortiSwitch Data Center switches deliver a secure, simple, scalable Ethernet solution with outstanding throughput, resiliency, and scalability. Virtualization and cloud computing have created dense high-bandwidth Ethernet networking requirements. FortiSwitch Data Center switches meet these challenges by providing a high-performance 10 GE, 40 GE, or 100 GE capable switching platform, with a low total cost of ownership. Ideal for Top of Rack server or firewall aggregation applications, as well as SD-Branch network core deployments, these switches are purpose-built to meet the needs of today’s bandwidth-intensive environments.
Security Fabric Integration Through FortiLink
The FortiSwitch Data Center Series supports FortiGate management through FortiLink, extending the Fortinet Security Fabric to the Ethernet port level. This link allows the same policies configured and applied to FortiGate interfaces to be applied to the FortiSwitch Ethernet ports, reducing complexity and decreasing management cost. With network security and access layer functions enabled and managed through a single console, centralized policy management, including role-based access and control, are easy to implement and manage. Users or devices can be authenticated against the same database and have the same security policy applied regardless of how or where they connect to the network.
- High throughput Ethernet switch suitable for Top of Rack or large SD-Branch network deployments
- Compact 1 RU form factor
- 1GE, 2.5GE, 5GE, 10GE, 40GE, and 100GE capable access ports
- Fixed 10GE copper port option
- 40GE or 100GE capable uplinks with breakout support for 2x50G, 4x25G, 4x10G, and 4x1G
- 40 GE capability on the FortiSwitch-1048E.
- FortiGate management through FortiLink, enabling the Security Fabric
- Stackable up to 300 switches per FortiGate depending on model
- Dual hot-swappable power supplies for redundancy
- Supports wire-speed switching with both store and forward and cut-through forwarding modes
FortiSwitch is commonly managed and deployed through our FortiGate with FortiLink but can also be deployed and managed in non-FortiGate environments.
FortiGate management is accomplished through FortiLink, an innovative proprietary management protocol that allows our FortiGate security appliance to seamlessly manage any FortiSwitch. FortiLink enables the FortiSwitch to become a logical extension of the FortiGate, integrating it directly into the Fortinet Security Fabric.
FortiSwitch can be managed without a FortiGate in a traditional stand-alone fashion with a native GUI and CLI interface. FortiSwitch Manager offers stacking and management at scale with a network design similar to a FortiGate-managed deployment. This design supports up to 2500 FortiSwitches but offers no traffic inspection or Security Fabric integration. Lastly, RESTful API’s offer additional configuration and management tools.